The Compact Substation (CSS) is a state-of-the-art system which simplifies conventional substation design. Adarsh designs CSS as per specific customer requirements with power handling capacity ranging from 200kVA to 2500 KVA at 15/ 33kV primary voltage level. Stringent quality checks on Adarsh make CSS ensures a world-class quality product.
- Compact in construction, occupies less floor space.
- Designed for unmanned operation with assess control features built-in
- Easy to operate and maintain.
- Rodent resistant
- Enclosure is divided into three segregated compartments i.e. HV, Transformer and LV.
- Heating due to solar radiation is minimised by the use of double skin roof with slanted top. Specially designed ventilation opening facilitates air circulation for enhanced cooling.
- Tested for IEC: 61330
THE HV COMPARTMENT – Switching Options and Devices
- Available with two options i.e. RMU with VCB or RMU with Load Break Switch.
- Adarsh’s design in based on a reliable vacuum circuit breaker with a self-powered over current protection system, in place of switch-fuse-switch combination. The RMU based USS design is tested as per IEC: 61330 standards.
THE LV COMPARTMENT – Distribution Options and Devices
The Low Voltage Distribution Board is connected to transformer’s LV bushing. The LVDB is available in following variants as per customer requirements:
- MCCB and ACB
- LV fuse switch units
- Instrumentation and metering
- Load feeders
- Power factor improvement units
THE TRANSFORMER COMPARTMENT
The unitized substation incorporates Adarsh make Distribution Transformer (Oil cooled or Dry type) which is designed as per IEC: 61330 specifications. The design of the Transformer Compartment is rodent resistant, allows maximum ventilation and prevents ingress of dust or its accumulation in the door cavities.
CONNECTION BETWEEN COMPARTMENTS
Specially designed Elastamould/Porcelain HV bushings provide complete safety of equipments. The connection between transformer and RMU is made with XLPE insulated cable of suitable design to carry rated Power continuously. And the connection between transformer and ACB is made with Aluminium bus-bars of suitable design to carry rated Power continuously.